Math 8 Course Information:
Grade 8 Overview
The Number System
- Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Work with radicals and integer exponents.
- Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
- Use functions to model relationships between quantities.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres.
Statistics and Probability
- Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data.
The 8th grade math course covers the curriculum set out in the Common Core Standards.
Tutoring will begin soon.
Homework Policy :
All homework is due at the begining of the hour. Students are allowed to redo homework, as it is considered practice. However, to receive full credit homework must be handed in on time the first time. All late homework will be reduced by 10% after one day late and 60% there after. Homework will be accepted until the completion of the unit.
Acess to the textbook is available using the link at the side of the page. This is the same textbook that we use in the classroom. The homework and additional practice is available on this same site.
Please feel free to contact me either by phone at 777-9440 ext 108.
Or by e-mail using the link firstname.lastname@example.org