Behavior Support Team
Martin G. Atkins Music
Mrs. Della Santina-Hahn
Principal (Grades 2-5)
Principal (Grades 6-8)
School Closing Bulletins
School Social Worker
You Only Live Once ~ So Read!
The 2012-2013 school year is over. Thank you for the support when needed. It takes all of us to educate the children.
Have a great summer! See you in the fall!
The following is from a website called LD online.
Tips for helping with schoolwork
- Show an interest in your child's homework. Inquire about the subjects and the work to be done. Ask questions that require answers longer than one or two words.
- Help your child organize homework materials before beginning.
- Establish a regular time with your child to do homework-developing a schedule helps avoid procrastination.
- Find a specific place for your child to do homework that has lots of light, quiet, and plenty of work space.
- Encourage your child to ask questions and search for answers, taking the time to figure out correct answers.
- Make sure your child backs up answers with facts and evidence.
- Practice school-taught skills at home.
- Relate homework to your child's everyday life. For instance, teach fractions and measurements as you prepare a favorite food together.
- Be a role model-take the opportunity to read a book or newspaper or write a letter while your child studies.
- Praise your child for both the small steps and big leaps in the right direction.
LD online (website)
If you have any questions, call the school and leave a message or e-mail me at email@example.com.